Sunday, September 16, 2007

Continued Research

I've found several interesting articles in previous months issues of NewsWeek and have also studied "eco-structure", "plenty", and "The Plan" (from Italy!). I've downloaded the Hippocratic Oath. I've also researched the Doctor's "Do No Harm" Philosophy and am looking for the "Architect Do No Harm" article.

Books I'm reading for research:
"The Right Thing" by Jeffrey Seglin
"Science Under Siege" by Todd Wilkinson
"Professional Practice" by Andy Pressman, AIA
"Sustainable Construction" by Charles J. Kibert
"There's No Such Thing as Business Ethics" by John C. Maxwell
"The Little Green Handbook" by Ron Nielsen
"The Complete Idiot's Guide to Global Warmin" by Michael Tennesen

Just trying to keep everyone informed.

4 comments:

Gus G.-Angulo said...

Mat:
Did you have the chance to go to the green expo going on this weekend in Columbus?!! I thought it was a great stuff to happen here (with very interesting participants), and I think there is something (conference or a convention) happening at the end of the month in Columbus as well (not sure…. I will check my e-mail at work tomorrow and let you know for sure)
Gus

David Streebin said...

Matt
While driving to work this morning, there was a news story on the radio about a guy who built and lives in a 140 sq. ft. house. I thought it might go along with Herb's comment about requiring people to build smaller houses. 140 is a lot smaller than Herb’s suggested 1,800. The following link takes you to an article about this house and then it has a link to the Small House Society. I don't want to waste your time, as it is getting closer to the end, but thought there might be something here to argue for or against some of your points, plus it is interesting.
http://realestate.msn.com/buying/Article2.aspx?cp-documentid=1238491
David

Matt Anderle said...

Gus,

I did go to the expo and saw Mayor Rocky Anderson speak about sustainablility and Salt Lake City. Very exciting stuff going on over there!!! AIA Ohio Convention is going on at the end of the month.

Matt Anderle said...

David,

140 SF! WOW! I think my bedroom is 140 SF! That guy is not married!!! Thanks for the article, I appreicate the extreme approach to sustainability.